Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Unidentified Appellation by Email Top Blogs

Monday, September 15, 2008

Hmmm, Chardonnay fans, it appears Food & Wine Magazine agrees w/ me...


Well, I had recently decided to rock the boat a bit on the Squires board and make the claim that David Ramey's '05 Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay could go toe to toe w/ the same vintage from the board's darling, Mark Aubert. See I'm an Aubert lover as well, but when I tasted David Ramey's '05 (sourced from the same Ritchie Vineyard that Mark Aubert uses) I thought it was of comparable quality to what Mark's magical touch has produced. While that may not seem to be the most awe-inspiring of proclamations, it was perceived as a bit of a dagger, thrown at wine’s fleeting ‘objective truth,’ and was not greeted w/ open arms.
Well, there was at least a wee-bit of skepticism from the board (as this challenge is tantamount to challenging an atheist to believe in God or daring a basketball fan to pick a player that could out-duel Michael Jordan in a game of one on one), but at least Food & Wine is mowing what I'm growing!

My previous commentary on a Ramey vs. Aubert showdown:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home